Pages

Tuesday, June 18, 2013

Do you love my Dad?

Sometimes as "mean" parents we make our kids do unthinkable things!  I found myself making my boy do many unthinkable things through our years of homeschooling...writing was one of those especially cruel things.  :)  As I sat looking at this picture that Kyle and I made for his daddy (Kyle was 10), I am thankful for the cruelty of having him write this paper!  Of course reading this resulted in tears, but I cannot help but to be SO grateful for the MAN that God gave Kyle and I.  What an example of love as seen through the eyes of a child.

(Typed out below)










Why I love my Dad
By Kyle Humphreys, age 10
October 17, 2003

I love my dad because he takes me too the races and the football games and we have fun together.  
He takes me horseback riding all around Diamond Dee Ranch.  
He lets me play football, basketball, and baseball and he went to every one of my games.  
He stayed in the room with me every night and he played Nintendo with me when I was in the hospital and it was fun.  
He bought a Sunshine Scooter and it is so much fun.  
Do you love my Dad cause I do!  
He enjoys watching me.  
He got me a fan in my room because he loves me so much.  
He got me horses for my bedroom because I like horses and he wants it to look good.  
He takes me to the doctor because he loves me so much.  
He bought me a playstation and it is so fun and on some games educational.  
He bought me a TV and I like watching it so much.  
He got us a buggy and it is fun.  
He got me Fido and he is so much fun and it is hard to get the mud and fleas off of him but it is still fun.  

1 comment: